First stop of our journey, Istanbul !
5 days in Istanbul is not/never enough, although it was our second visit to this fantastic city. We are still amazed by its atmosphere and energy. We are now leaving with the same feeling again, you would probably need to live in Istanbul to really understand Istanbul.
We did speficially enjoy:
- The food, thousands of ways to prepare kebap…We are still wondering why we can only find the same in our home country restaurants!
- The food, still, incredible Mezze (starters) to choose from a huge tray before the meal starts, how complicated to select only one or two…
- Strolling with our dear friends Emeç et Büsra, nice people who made us discover their city.
- The Istanbulkart, incredible pass which let you use the main means of transportation, ferries, trams, metros, buses throughout Istanbul.
We are now leaving the wonderful Istanbul for Tehran. Please share your tips and suggestions with us: firstname.lastname@example.org!
Holas Apartment – Cimen Sokak No 11 – 34373 Sisli/Istanbul
Studio including kitchenette. Close to Taksim and in a quiet (and steep) street. The apart hotel is located 10 min. walking distance from the shuttle bus from/to the airports (Havatas stop across Divan Hotel).
The restaurants and cafes
- Taksim area: Damak Kebab (cheap eat) / Polo Cafe (breakfast) / Akcanlar (Turkish cuisine)
- Kadikoy area: Belde & Balik (Turkish cuisine)
- à Kale area: Kale Kafe (Brunch)
- à Sultanahmet area: Amedros cafe (Ottoman cuisine)
Our best kept secret tip
Take a ferry from Kabatas to the Princes islands, 1h away from Istanbul, for a breath of fresh air (no car allowed on the islands). Rent a bike for a couple of hours and ride along the coast!